12.17.2004

Baking Round 2: Bundt Cake


So this is my latest bundt cake. I've been making a lot of them because I love my new bundt pan, and because they're so easy to transport. I can just wrap my cake in foil and garnish it with whipped cream or confectioners' sugar or whatnot when we get to our destination.

This recipe is from Lisa Yockelson's Baking By Flavor. It's the Buttermilk Butter Pound Cake on page 198. Her directions were fantastic. As a relatively inexperienced cake baker, it was reassuring to have such clear steps to follow. Of course, I can't taste it until tomorrow, but I must say I'm pleased with the way it looks!  Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Brian W said...

So how did it taste??

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Although I overheard many people at the party (who didn't know I made it) saying was delicious, I was only somewhat pleased. I'm an awfully hard taskmaster! It was just a tiny bit dry I thought. Nevertheless, it was nice that it wasn't too sweet and it had just the slightest hint of cardamom, which I love. I'll probably make it again with a few minor adjustments to get a moister result.
The other dessert at the pary was a pan of brownies, which I must say were some of the best brownies I ever had. I asked the baker what recipe she used, and she laughed and said they were from a box! She used Ghirardelli's mix, which I would definitely consider using in a pinch now.

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous dissertation service said...

As far as I know a bundt cake is a dessert cake that is baked in a bundt pan, shaping it into a distinctive ridged ring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home