12.15.2004

Off to the Races

So my friend Brian and I were talking about learning to bake bread today, and we decided to begin baking together a bit. He's quite a bit more experienced in the kitchen than I am, and he lives four-hundred miles away, but it's nice to know I'll have his expert ear if I find myself fumbling!

Our first recipe is for a simple Irish soda bread. It seemed like a good, non-threatening place to start. What's better than warm, raisiny soda bread smothered in butter on a winter's day? Here is a link to the recipe we're using.

I'll be back to report our results on Friday, and perhaps to post a picture if I'm feeling adventurous.

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Anonymous college essay writing services said...

Actually Finland and Russia both have dark sourdough breads made of rye. Traditional Finnish rye bread is disc-shaped, with a hole in the center for easier storing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home