2.09.2005

Health Kick 1: Bran Muffins


I decided to bake something semi-healthy the other day, and came up with these bran muffins. When Will and I taste tested them, I made an icky face and he made a yummy face. Turns out I have never tasted a bran muffin! Will assured me that, as bran muffins go, they are delicious, and I must admit the taste has grown on me too.
This is my recipe. It is adapted from Bittman's "How To Cook Everything":
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup wheat bran
1 cup whole wheat flour
scant 1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup milk, plus more if needed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 and grease or line a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl. Beat together the egg, butter and milk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Combine the ingredients quickly just until moistened. The batter should be lumpy and quite moist. add more milk if necessary.
3. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick interted into the center comes out clean. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger erix said...

looks absolutely spooky, but I'm sure it tastes awrighty.
or is it awkwardly?
...wait...I'll get me dictionary...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger erix said...

Looks absolutely spooky, but I'm sure it tastes awrighty.
...or was that awkwardly..?
I'm not sure...wait, I' get me dictionary...

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger erix said...

Looks absolutely spooky, but I'm sure it tastes awrighty.
...or was that awkwardly..?
I'm not sure...wait, I' get me dictionary...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home