2.19.2005

Scones 1: Not My Cup of Tea


I adore any kind of dry, not-too-sweet tea bread, and I've been developing a regular habit of drinking a cup of afternoon tea lately, so I decided a batch of scones was in order. I picked a basic recipe from America's Test Kitchen -- one without the 2.5+ sticks of butter many recipes seem to have! I added a bit of orange zest and orange juice, and, well, struggled to get the dough to come together. The result was a satisfyingly classic scone, but I'm not going to post the recipe as I think this was only a satisfying scone, not a shockingly divine scone. It has a slightly floury aftertaste or something, nothing offensive, but certainly nothing sublime either. I'll keep searching for the ultimate classic scone and report back when I find one! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home